Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Shake Break!

We are right in the middle of our state testing this week! Poor babies have to sit so long! I thought I'd share some of our favorite brain breaks that we're doing to get the wiggles out! 
This is our hands down favorite! My monolingual Spanish speakers love this one because they learn the verbs "shake" and "jump" so quickly!
This Cha Cha Slide has visuals for each move! Perfect for ELL kids, and ones that still have trouble with right and left!
Sooooo cute!! 
This is called "Cosmic Yoga." It's the best kids yoga I've seen! Each episode is about 15 minutes. Each tells an imaginative story, and the yoga moves fit the story perfectly! Check out all the different episodes Here.



This is one of many from Harry Kindergarten. All the videos are fabulous! My kids sing this one all day long! It is a definite favorite! 
And I threw in this cute chicken video to celebrate our classroom chick hatching that we just started!
If you hatch chicks too, this is a must see!!

What are some of your favorite brain breaks? I'd love to discover some new ones!!

Enjoy getting all the wiggles out!

Signature

8 comments:

  1. I just got a smartboard and I'm looking forward to using things like this. I have a question for you. Is there a way to organize them on your teacher computer, so that they're a click away?
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few different ways that I organize them. I created a board on Pinterest where they all in one spot, just a click away. We have acess to Pinterest at school, so if you do too that will work. The other thing I've done is to save them as favorites in my You Tube account. You only have to log in once, and then all your favorite videos are there in one spot. Hope this helps! Enjoy your SMARTboard!

      Delete
  2. Hi, after reading this amazing post i am as well happy to share my knowledge here with colleagues.


    Take a look at my homepage - waist hip ratio calculator

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made some good points there. I looked
    on the net for more information about the issue and found most individuals
    will go along with your views on this site.

    Here is my page :: waist hip ratio calculator

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post Melanie!
    So glad I found you on Pinterest! It is wonderful to find another first grade teacher to link up with. Happy to be your newest follower!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to my father who informed me on the topic of this web site,
    this webpage is really amazing.

    My web page ... http://www.hangoutpad.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I love to also get my kids moving on class. We do a lot of singing, chants, and movement. I really think kids need that. Just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. Come by my blog and check out how to receive it!

    http://lightscamerateach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ,

    I happened to chance upon your blog and found it very interesting!

    We have recently launched a science app that uses augmented reality to enhance classroom teaching. The app has 3D models for kindergarten to grade 12. I thought you might want to check it out and may be review it on your blog, if possible.

    It is a paid app(with a few models free) but in case you are interested in trying it out I will be happy to provide you with a free copy.

    The link to the app is: 

    iPhone/iPad
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/augmenter-augmented-reality/id997354409?ls=1&mt=8

    android:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.augmented.android

    You can also search for the app on the app store as 'Augmenter'.

    Do let me know if you would be interested. I am really Looking forward to your response.

    happy teaching!

    Antara
    antara@augmenterapp.com
    http://augmenterapp.com/

    ReplyDelete