Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Back in Action

Today was my first day back from maternity leave. Thankfully we had a restful night, and our morning with Paxton went pretty smoothly too. I had my coffee, took an extra cup for the road, and left my house feeling excited to see my babies at school.

I got to school with the intention of getting reacquainted with my room, and getting reorganized. I had just settled in at my desk, with my favorite purple flair pen to make an extensive to-do list. Then I got a call from the office. "Good morning Mrs. Conger, welcome back. You're late for traffic duty." Blahhhhhhh. I HATE traffic duty. Instead of getting our morning prep before the kids arrive, we have to stand in the parking lot and breathe in the car exhaust while we monitor the cars, and the kids in the crosswalk. This was not a good start to my first day back. I put on my beautiful, and very flattering, neon orange crossing guard vest, and headed outside. I hadn't even been outside five seconds before the hugs started! I got hugs, and smiles, and "Mrs. Conger! You're back!!" from so many sweet smiling kids this morning. Some kids I didn't even know! One little girl came up to me with a great big hug and said "Mrs. Conger! Welcome back! We started new math groups while you were gone, and I get to be in your class!" I said "Math groups! I hope I know what to do." She told me that she could teach the group for me if I wanted! Very cute. Traffic duty was actually JUST the thing I needed to get my morning started!

From there I went to pick up my class from morning recess on the playground. When they saw me coming, they started running across the field and all rushed me with a great big hug. I really missed them! I'm glad they missed me too. While I was gone, they had a FANTASTIC sub, and I was worried they wouldn't want me back!

We spent most of the day (thank goodness it was a half day) looking at pictures  and videos of Paxton, telling stories about him, and getting caught up on things they had done over the last three months. Our conversation went a little something like this:

"Mrs. Conger, can Paxton eat pizza yet?"

"Mrs. Conger, guess what? My cousin learned how to jump off our roof."

"Ms. Alcaraz, I mean...Mom....I mean....MRS. CONGER!!

"Mrs. Conger, guess what?! My reading level is an 11 now!!"

"Mrs. Conger you used to have peach color on your skin, but now you just look white."

"Mrs. Conger, did you have your baby yet....?" (Really!?)

"Mrs. Conger, am I from China?"

Seriously. I think I might change my name for tomorrow. And most of those beauties were in the first 10 minutes of our day! They were all wound up and ready to SHARE! They wanted to share every little thing with me that I had missed. It was so very cute, but boy did I need a Tylenol and some silence by lunch time!

I think the cutest part of our day was when I dropped them off at Music. I guess they thought I might leave them again because they all started giving me hugs, and saying 'BYEEEE!! BYE Mrs. Conger!" I had to reassure them that I WOULD be back to pick them up in just 20 short minutes. I promise!

It was a very unproductive, but super sweet day. I missed my kids dearly! They can really make a day better with their stories and smiles.

Tomorrow is a full day, YIKES, and we have to buckle down and finish test prep for our SAT 10 test next week. Two more days until the weekend! I think I can, I think I can...

Happy Wednesday!




Signature

14 comments:

  1. Great idea, but imagine the pressure that the pharmaceutical lobby would pursue to squash
    low dosage generic anti-depressants. And to be honest, there would always be one
    way or anther to abuse them.
    Also, such meds should be accompanied by
    therapy. Maybe night school' classes?
    Again, great idea, but the devil is in the details.

    my homepage :: superman stamina revealed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, This internet site is very insightful!
    Preserve up the very good posts. I just bookmarked it

    Take a look at my site - 2 girls teach Sex review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, This internet site is very insightful!
    Preserve up the very good posts. I just bookmarked it

    Look at my web blog 2 girls teach Sex review

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a fantastic day back!!! :) My kiddos were full of excitement, too. No joke... I I forgot I had morning duty my first day back as well. LMBO! Unfortunately, the "did you have your baby, yet?" q's still come up every once in a while... and my sub moved next store (that teacher just had a baby too!) and my kids make up excuses all day to go and see her. Keep us posted on how things go! :)

    Leigh
    The Applicious Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn’t understand some parts of this post, but I assume
    I only need to learn a bit more regarding this, because
    it sure seems interesting and kind of though-proviking! By the way,
    how did you first get involved with this?

    My page :: can people make money on youtube

    ReplyDelete
  6. Contrail right now stretched from one extreme in the horizon for the reverse, longest contrail I have at any time seen, in reality together with the noticeable
    eye it couldn't happen to be more time! What will be the possibilities that hundreds of miles of air are at the correct situations for PERSISTENT contrails to type? Other clouds have been few and far among.

    Look at my weblog - 60 minute stamina video download free

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely agree together with your submit. I have lived right here for practically three many years now and also you
    are so appropriate concerning the deceptive quantities.
    Enjoyable spot to perform items and celebration, but boyfriend and partner are handful of and much among.
    My single buddies have informed me tales that have made me feel two times about keeping here.
    Once my agreement is up in seventeen months, I am outta
    here.

    my blog ... confidence Women

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are these the only dietary supplements you get? Or do you've got others also?

    My homepage: six pack shortcuts free video download

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some websites are there like females searching for males and males in
    search of females in chennai/bangalore and
    so on...But for the past 5 years am keep on posting and anticipating
    some reply from the girl. Although not but received any woman
    response..Could it be great approach to lookup woman buddy or
    browsing woman buddy by way of site never operate out?.
    ....then inform me another idear to have woman pal?...
    ....

    Here is my web-site :: Female Mind Mastery

    ReplyDelete
  10. I honestly cannot determine which of these treatments to comply with.

    I suppose I may at the same time attempt all of these.
    If something, that ought to whiten my teeth considerably
    quicker.

    Visit my web site; dentist teeth whitening reviews uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not italian, and that i really got absolutely nothing against them, but I listen to females stating that italian men are soooo scorching, and gorgeous, with model looks, but these identical females are with men who are not italian. And if they are italian, they undoubtedly do not appear like models. I mean I'm able to understand the aggravation of girls once they see guys ogling at
    models/skinny ladies, and it tends to make me question whether or not my physical appearance is
    acceptable or not. So my query is are males of other ethnicities significantly less appealing?
    could it be a fantasy of each and every woman to become by having an italian dude?



    Feel free to visit my website ... female mind mastery free

    ReplyDelete
  12. Completely remarkable level of energy from this. Received
    flushed for around half one hour with some tingling
    in my arms and neck, but that went absent. Great pumps and great energy right by means of my weights program and post workout cardio.
    I acquired far more power than Jack3d on this stuff

    Here is my blog: mike chang six pack shortcuts tpb

    ReplyDelete
  13. What should you and your pal started out as teenage crushes but nothing at any time happened because one particular
    of you was within a relationship or experienced moved?
    I've an amazing friend/crush who has been there for me for years. Our feelings haven't changed and we might finally possess a chance to
    take our feelings somewhere. Need to I go for
    it?

    Also visit my site - subliminal ways to attract women

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! I know, they're pretty wonderful!

    Also visit my website: order arrow sheds

    ReplyDelete