Monday, February 27, 2012

The STATE is coming!! A Liebster Blog Award and a Freebie!



Holy Moly this is going to be the longest week ever. How is it only Monday?? We are expecting a visit from the Arizona Department of Ed this week to check for compliance within our ELD classrooms. (Really?? Do they NOT KNOW it's Read Across America Week?!) We've been told they will be here "sometime" this week. YIKES. I had other teacher friends open my door this morning, and each time my heart dropped through my toes! Needless to say I am NERVOUS. My district's Language Acquisition Department and the 8 other ELD teachers at my school have been working our tails off for 4 years with our AZ ELL laws and compliance in ELD classrooms. Now it all comes down to this visit! We think they are mainly checking our lesson plans (mine are 12 pages long for the week. I think they are going to be there awhile reading....) our 4 hour state mandated English language block times and minute totals, and our language rich instruction and proof of it on our classroom walls.  If you are an ELL (ELD, ESL, TESOL, SEI, geesh with all the different acronymns!!) teacher and you are curious about more, check this out. The worst part about all this is not knowing. How many people are coming? How long will they stay? Will they ask me any questions? When will we find out our results? Dun, dun, dun...

In happier news, I was awarded the Liebster Blog Award! Yahoo!! Excited is an understatement! I'm really starting to get the hang of this bloggy business!
THANK YOU so much to the wonderful Lyndsey at A Year of Many Firsts! That was so thoughtful of you. If you haven't yet you should check out her blog. It's fantastic.
 

Here's what I need to do: Thank the person that awarded you the award in your post, choose 5 other friends to nominate and comment on their blog so they know, copy and paste the award to your blog and hopefully your followers will see your 5 and start following them as well...As part of receiving this award I am honored to nominate 5 other blogs with under 200 followers that I enjoy reading. And the nominees are: (sorry! still on my Oscars buzz)

 


 



 Now it's your turn to nominate some other FANTASTIC new blog authors. Just make a post similar to this one and tag five authors with the award. Come visit my page to copy and paste this and pick 5 others.Love all this blog love! You all deserve it!

Last but not least, a word work freebie! We are using this as our Daily Five Word Work center this week.  One recording sheet has all 8 parts of speech to find and highlight in a newspaper, the other is vocabulary categories. Hopefully it is something you can use!


Whoa, sorry for all the over usage of  punctuation, capitals, and parentheses tonight. Enjoy your Read Across America Week!

Signature

8 comments:

  1. Ahh! My stomach hurts just thinking about that. You'll be great!

    You are very welcome for the award. Love your blog.

    Lyndsey
    A Year of Many Firsts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doc worked! Love it and thanks for the freebie!! :)
    We haven't had a visit from ADE in a few years so it should be coming up!! Eeek!! I totally feel you about the lesson plans, objectives, vocabulary, and all that jazz!!!
    I'm sure ya'll will do great!!! :)
    Yay to AZ!
    ❤ Sandra
    Sweet Times in First
    sweettimesinfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Just joined your blog. Hoping the Arizona Department of Ed. arrives sooner than later so that you and your students can enjoy our Read Across America week.
    -tania :)
    livelovelaughin2ndgrade.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog today! I also just read both Pete the Cat books today. How did you get Pete the Cat on your computer screen? I will be checking out your older posts. Love it! Thanks & keep up the good work.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just started following you! Congrats on your award!


    ✰Amber
    Sparkles, Smiles, and Student Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melanie! Your blog is so cute and I'm your newest follower!! I will definitely be creeping on your blog and older posts! :)

    Andrea
    Cheers to School

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am an Arizona first grade teacher, new blogger too, and your newest follower! I would love for you to check out my new blog at www.firstclassteacher.blogspot.com

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melanie,

    Congrats on your award! I would like to nominate you for another. The Top Ten Blog!!! Come on over and check it out!

    Ashley

    http://firstgradesmartcookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete