Sunday, February 26, 2012

RAA Swag and Freebie!

I am so excited for Read Across America Week! I have all my swag ready. Last year I was well equipped with stickers, post-its, bags, buckets, pencils, erasers, bookmarks, you name it! But this year I wanted something for ME! Check these out! I have been waiting to wear these bad boys for almost a year!





They are classic Cat in the Hat stripe, with Thing One and Thing Two on the inside. I was supposed to be finding my wedding shoes last spring, but found these in my search instead. These are far more fun! I designed them on the Converse website. I am planning to wear them on Friday for Dr. Seuss' Birthday, but I might not be able to hold out that long. I have been telling my kids about them all year! SO excited!

I also made this shirt to match! Sorry, not the best picture!
I dropped the ball on ordering a shirt and waited too long. So I decided to try and make one instead. I went to Joann's and picked up a black tee-shirt and a package of iron on transfer paper. You choose your image from the computer, put the paper in your ink jet printer, cut, peel, stick, and iron. That's it! Love my Scrappin Doodles clip art so much, and now it's on my shirt! I just found The 3AM Teacher and her clip art too. I'm going to need 10 more shirts for all my favorite clip art images! I definitely see a Pete the Cat hoodie in my future!

Enjoy all your RAA festivities! Here is a fun freebie to help you celebrate!





Signature

10 comments:

  1. omgosh!! I have ALWAYS wanted a pair of Dr. SEuss chucks..lol
    oh...and I think I need a Pete the Cat Hoodie too...oh wait...I live in FL, maybe not a hoodie!lol

    ♥ Jen
    The Teacher's Cauldron

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE those shoes!!!

    Lisa
    fsuteach81@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Ha! I love those Dr. Seuss Chucks and that adorable shirt. AWESOME!

    I have awarded you the liebster blog award. Come on over to my blog to check it out! Congrats on having an awesome blog. Thanks for sharing so many great ideas with us.

    Lyndsey
    A Year of Many Firsts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear that you have also been awarded the Liebster award. I was too, so I'm checking out many new blogs. Yours looks great. I'm your newest follower.

    Patty

    Second In Line

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I love your shoes! Where did you get them!
    So jealous...
    I saw the shoes and I was sold.
    Im follower:)


    Miss S
    Just Teaching...Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melanie,
    Just came across your blog. LOVE, LOVE your shoes. So jealous. Great idea to make your own shirt. I see a project in my future.
    Tammy
    primaryparadise.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dr. SEUSS CONVERSE!!!!! TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! I read your comment on my blog and could not resist the temptation to visit back (hehehe). I am your newest follower...thank you so much for the sweetness!!

    I am def. looking forward to stalking you...LOL!

    Michelle

    The 3AM Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had an outfit!!!! Your class is going to love it! I just joined your blog! You can come check mine out if you want!

    Ashley

    http://firstgradesmartcookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bravo рour votre sіte, jе suis tombé dessus en cheгchant sud ѵaсances dans Google, il
    у a un ѕіte ωeb quі n'est pas très vieux mais ou j'ai trouνé unе chambгe sympa en
    étapе pouг cet été : http://www.lastickerie.
    com/membeг/31503/. Allez voіr! J'ai mis http://www.blogger.com dans mes favoris! A bientot

    Stop by my website - Chambres D hotes Ardeche

    ReplyDelete